Microsoft is preparing to launch Xbox One in China this September, in partnership with BesTV, making it the first video game console approved for sale through the Shanghai Free Trade Zone. Each console will come bundled with a Special Edition Pack that includes extra goodies.
“We’re honoured that Xbox One is the first console approved for sale in China through the Shanghai Free Trade Zone,” said Microsoft‘s Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate VP of Marketing for Devices and Studios. “We’re dedicated to earning millions of fans in China by working with BesTV to deliver an all in one games and entertainment experience starting September 23.”
Xbox One prices will start at ¥3,699 RMB, with launch titles including Forza Motorsport 5 for ¥249 RMB and a Xbox Live subscription costing ¥199 RMB. Every Xbox One console will include:
- Powerstar Golf and Neverwinter Online with a Special Edition Pack
- The BesTV entertainment experience
- Free access to Xbox Live Gold through March 2015
- A localised Chinese interface, translated content and local payment methods
- A two-year warranty and local customer service support from Microsoft and BesTV
As Forza Motorsport 5, Kinect Sports Rivals, Powerstar Golf, Zoo Tycoon, and Max: The Curse of Brotherhood are expected to be released on day one. Also, there will be a Day One Edition Xbox One with Kinect for ¥4,299 RMB, with the following bonuses bundled:
- A limited-edition commemorative China Day One controller;
- Day One Achievement for your Xbox Live profile;
- Kinect Sports Rivals, Forza Motorsport 5: Racing Game of the Year as well as the Neverwinter Online Commemorative Edition Pack, and Powerstar Golf with in-game credit
- Xbox One will be launching in China on September 23rd.
Source: Xbox Wire News