Sony announced their annual PLAY Summer lineup today for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita owners. Starting today, PlayStation fans can pre-order any of the four titles that will be available throughout the remaining days of the summer. PlayStation Plus members will get a 20% discount with their pre-order and Sony will give a credit to your PSN account if you buy multiple games from the selection. The four new games are:
- Rogue Legacy from Cellar Door Games: Described as a “rogue-lite” game where you must take over and ever-changing castle. In a similar concept to Infinity Blade, every death passes the mantle to the next generation of children. What’s different is that each child is different in their genetics and will provide a unique experience compared to the previous generation. Full price is $16.99, PlayStation Plus pre-orders will get it for $13.59 and it will release on July 29th.
- The Swapper from Facepalm Games: A puzzle platformer game set in the outreaches of space, this game grants the player a special device that clones the main character and allows them to swap control between their double and the original. The whole game is done in a Claymation style with other everyday materials. Full price will be $19.99, while PlayStation Plus pre-orders will get it for $15.99, and it releases on August 5th.
- Hohokum from Honeyslug/Santa Monica Studios: Meant to be an expressive and mesmerizing experience, players take control of a kite-like character, as they’ll be encouraged to explore a colorful and vibrant world. There will be various goals and accomplishments, but exploration is the main point of the game. This game will release for $14.99, or $11.99 for PlayStation Plus pre-orders, on August 12th.
- CounterSpy from Dynamighty/San Mateo Studio: The moon is in peril and it’s up to you, an agent of C.O.U.N.T.E.R, to stop the threat and bring about world peace. In a blend of stealthy 2D side-scrolling and 3D cover-based shooting, you’ll fight against the opposing agency in this 50’s/60’s era plot that takes place during the Cold War. CounterSpy will be the final title on August 19th, and it will cost $14.99 at full price, or $11.99 for PlayStation Plus members that pre-order.
These titles are all Cross-Buy, so buying the title on any one of the three current PlayStation consoles nets you the game on the other two. As mentioned, buying multiple titles will reward players with a credit back to their account.
- Buy any two titles to receive $3 credited to your PSN account.
- Buy any three titles to receive $6 credited to your PSN account.
- Buy all four titles to receive $10 credited to your PSN account.
For more details, make sure to visit the Sony PlayStation blog.