Fourth Annual PlayStation Store PLAY Summer lineup revealed!
Sony announced their annual PLAY Summer lineup today for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita owners. Starting today, PlayStation fans can pre-order any of the four titles that will be available throughout the remaining days of the summer. PlayStation Plus members will get a 20% discount with their pre-order and Sony will give a credit to your PSN account if you buy multiple games from the selection. The four new games are:
- Rogue Legacy from Cellar Door Games: Described as a “rogue-lite” game where you must take over and ever-changing castle. In a similar concept to Infinity Blade, every death passes the mantle to the next generation of children. What’s different is that each child is different in their genetics and will provide a unique experience compared to the previous generation. Full price is $16.99, PlayStation Plus pre-orders will get it for $13.59 and it will release on July 29th.
- The Swapper from Facepalm Games: A puzzle platformer game set in the outreaches of space, this game grants the player a special device that clones the main character and allows them to swap control between their double and the original. The whole game is done in a Claymation style with other everyday materials. Full price will be $19.99, while PlayStation Plus pre-orders will get it for $15.99, and it releases on August 5th.
- Hohokum from Honeyslug/Santa Monica Studios: Meant to be an expressive and mesmerizing experience, players take control of a kite-like character, as they’ll be encouraged to explore a colorful and vibrant world. There will be various goals and accomplishments, but exploration is the main point of the game. This game will release for $14.99, or $11.99 for PlayStation Plus pre-orders, on August 12th.
- CounterSpy from Dynamighty/San Mateo Studio: The moon is in peril and it’s up to you, an agent of C.O.U.N.T.E.R, to stop the threat and bring about world peace. In a blend of stealthy 2D side-scrolling and 3D cover-based shooting, you’ll fight against the opposing agency in this 50’s/60’s era plot that takes place during the Cold War. CounterSpy will be the final title on August 19th, and it will cost $14.99 at full price, or $11.99 for PlayStation Plus members that pre-order.
These titles are all Cross-Buy, so buying the title on any one of the three current PlayStation consoles nets you the game on the other two. As mentioned, buying multiple titles will reward players with a credit back to their account.
- Buy any two titles to receive $3 credited to your PSN account.
- Buy any three titles to receive $6 credited to your PSN account.
- Buy all four titles to receive $10 credited to your PSN account.
For more details, make sure to visit the Sony PlayStation blog.