June 12 cannot come any faster for soccer fans like me. The World Cup is a special event that takes over the world for the month that it occurs and all eyes will be on Brazil in a little less than two weeks. Whether the USA makes it out of their group or loses all three matches, I can’t wait to watch them take on some of the best teams in the world and make all of us Americans proud.
That being said, I know I’m not the only one that feels this way. So, Microsoft has decided to give Xbox One owners a new way to enjoy the 2014 FIFA World Cup, with Destination Brazil on the dashboard. And for those wondering, it does not require an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription.
Destination Brazil will give Xbox One owner’s access to the Brazil NOW App, which snaps to your LIVE TV and gives you statistics about World Cup matches, teams, players, and coaches. Destination Brazil also gives FIFA 14 players direct access to FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team, various soccer videos and documentaries thanks to Copa 90 (a youtube channel that focuses on stories about soccer,) and it will also be the way to access Microsoft’s first Xbox TV program called “Every Street United.”
Beginning June 15, on Xbox One or Xbox 360 you can download the Every Street United app and watch this “unscripted” series that features Edgar Davids and NY Redbulls and former Arsenal forward Thierry Henry as they scout street soccer players in the United States, Ghana, South Korea, and all over Europe to compete in a 4 on 4 street soccer game in Rio De Janiero, Brazil. Viewers of the show will be able to witness the player’s personal stories, training sequences, and the build up to the epic game in Brazil.
Microsoft also gave details on all the things you can do with the Brazil Now App:
* Whatever you are doing on Xbox One this summer, Brazil Now gives you notifications of when matches are starting, goal alerts and score updates. You can use these notifications to jump directly into the app and get details about the match in progress, or watch the match live.
* While you are watching live matches on Xbox One, you’ll get real-time information updates, team and player stats, such as shots on goal, scorers, cards and possession, and action photos direct from the stadium to bring you closer to the action, all powered by Bing.
* Be part of the Xbox crowd with interactive polls during the live matches. Who will win? Did the referee make the right call? By taking part in the poll, you will receive cards to collect and unlock the latest team photos. Collect all 96 cards to earn bragging rights and the top spot on your Friends Leaderboard.
* Pick your team to personalize Brazil Now with at-a-glance info of all your team’s upcoming matches, tweets, squad and group information.
* Snap Brazil Now next to video games, movies, Skype, or live TV for all the latest news, scores, and stats from the games and teams you care about the most.
So, whether you are as excited about the World Cup as I am or you are just a casual soccer viewer. There is plenty for you involving “The Beautiful Game” very soon.