The Evil Within launch delayed until October
Shinji Mikami and his team over at Tango Gameworks had asked for additional time to further balance and refine the game so that they could deliver the polished, terrifying, pure survival horror experience that they set out to create. This time has made it so that the game will release in North America on October 21, in Australia on October 23, and throughout Europe on October 24.
Bethesda has also unveiled the pre-order incentive for The Evil Within, called The Fighting Chance Pack. This pack gives you a few additional items that may help you keep death away for a little bit longer. These items are:
- Medical Kit – A vital health enhancement to enable Sebastian to fight on.
- Green Gel – Used to upgrade Sebastian’s attributes.
- Double Barrel Shotgun and Three Shells – A larger and more formidable shotgun than the regular shotgun, it’s useful for tight situations with multiple encroaching enemies.
- An Incendiary Agony Bolt – Capable of showering nearby enemies with damaging fire sparks.
- A Poison Agony Bolt – Will draw enemies towards it and poison them, allowing Sebastian time for a quick escape.
The trailer, which can be seen below, highlights both the new date and the pre-order bonus, showing you exactly what you’re in for.
For those unaware, the game’s story places you in the role of Detective Sebastian Castellanos. He and his partners were investigating the scene of a gruesome mass murder when they suddenly encountered a mysterious and powerful force. Sebastian witnessed the slaughter of his fellow officers before being ambushed and knocked unconscious.
When he awakens he finds himself in a deranged world. Hideous creatures are wandering among the dead, and the detective must face unimaginable horror as he struggles to unravel what’s behind the force that slaughtered his friends.