Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Comes to Next-Gen Consoles This Fall
Tecmo Koei has announced Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for Xbox One, PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. The new version of the game includes new content and supports cross-save and cross-play for the PlayStation platforms. We will be able to play with 145 characters, including Sophitia from Soul Calibur and others from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or Dynasty Warriors.
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate will also introduce a set of new features, including the following:
- One Warrior against a Thousand Battles – Densely populated battlefields with up to 100 enemies on screen, each with progressive AI add to the exhilarating battle, amplified by new moves including Aerial Special attacks, Triple Rush (a system which allows the player the ability to switch between individual characters or unleash attacks as a party of 3 and the powerful finishing move, True Musou Burst executable by up to 6 characters.
- New and Crossover characters – The legion of warriors is larger than ever with 145 playable characters including the introduction of Abe Seimei, Shennong, and Tamamo just 3 of 9 that are new to the series, cameos include Xu Shu from Dynasty Warriors and Rachel from the Ninja Gaiden series with more to be announced.
- Captivating Lands and Stages – Lands and battlefields are dramatically rendered drawing from the dark, sinister imagery in the Orochi series totaling 51 distinct stages with cross-over stages melding universes including Atelier, NInja Gaiden Sigma 2, Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, furthermore, Musou Battlefields allow for customisation including character models and battle cries
- The mythology of the Orochi universe expands – A new main storyline brings the heroes together again after the death of the Demon Snake as they are called upon by a mysterious stone to return to the chaotic din of battle. Additionally, new side stories provide a multitude of new scenarios and uncover secrets, the story extends with the ability to battle from a different point of view or even “what if” hypothetical stages that exist in a parallel world
- Gameplay modes – Adding to both Online and Offline competition, new modes include Duel Mode, a fusion of team battles (up to 3 vs 3) and card battles, Craft Weapons function to alchemy even more powerful weapons, Officer Requesting and Summoning, Formation Skills and Dragon Portals that can be used to escape the battlefields, weaken enemies or recover party members Life Gauge.
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate will be launched on Xbox One, PS4, PS3 and PS Vita this fall. The PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions will be available exclusively digital for $39.99 and the other versions will be available for $59.99 at retail stores.