The Witness is going to be released in the middle of this year on PC and PlayStation 4, so Jonathan Blow has posted a development update. Below is the list with the data sizes included in the game.
- Texture Maps: 1,196 files, 446MB
- Meshes: 4,588 files, 507MB
- Sounds: 2,435 files, 1.2GB
- Animations: 197 files, 0.6MB
- Entities: 1 file, 4.3MB
- Lightmaps (these are auto-generated): 17,916 files, 453MB
- Total (including other files not listed here): 39,387 files, 2.7GB
The game is a exploration-puzzle game that is wanted to run at 1080p and at 60fps on PlayStation 4. Blow affirmed that this standard is touched in many areas of the game but not in all of them. Of course there’s still time for improvement.