New system implemented to punish Killer Instinct match quitters.
If you’re a Killer Instinct player and you’re sick of people rage quitting on you when you’re winning, you may be happy to hear that Double Helix has implemented a new solution to this issue.
This solution will put users who go above a fifteen percent disconnect rate in a “Jail pool”. Once a player is in this pool, they can only play others in the same pool. Double Helix hopes that this will solve the issues of people leaving matches early. Full details can be found below:
– The first time your disconnect percentage goes above 15 percent you go to JAIL
– A 10 match minimum is required
– JAIL lasts for 24 hours. During this time you can only be matched against other JAIL members
– Each time you go to JAIL the amount of time increases by 24 hours (capped at 5 days – 120 hrs)
– While in JAIL your profile icon will be automatically changed to a custom JAIL icon to let you know you are in JAIL
– When your JAIL time is up, you go back into the public again (even if your disconnect percentage is back over 15%)
– However, when back in public, if you disconnect and you are still above 15 percentage you go directly back to JAIL
– For any match that sends you to JAIL, player will take a loss
What are your thoughts on this solution?
Source: Double Helix Games forums