Microsoft has today released a system update for the Xbox One, which will address a number of issues and there are two ways to get it.
First, you can use the console’s Instant On feature, which will automatically check for the update when it’s in a low power state. Once it has updated itself, it will then need to be manually turned on as the “Xbox On” command won’t be available until the update has installed itself.
When you turn on the console, the update will apply itself and then a reboot will occur. However, if you don’t have the Instant On feature set, you’ll be required to download the update and apply it before Dec. 12 at 2 a.m. PT. The update addresses the following issues:
- Addresses SmartGlass issues for some users when coming in and out of connected standby
- Addresses multiplayer issues for some users when re-joining games
- Addresses issues with inconsistent notifications for some users
- Addresses dashboard performance for some users
- Offers improvements for Xbox One’s TV, system update, and content update services for scaling over time
- Updated wireless networking driver to improve connectivity issues for some users