Since its release a few short months ago, the new online free-to-play MMORPG Dungeon and Dragon’s Neverwinter, nearly 2 million subscribers have flocked to the this great game. Now with the upcoming release of the new patch, Fury of the Feywild, GotGame.com sat down with Lead Producer Andy Velasquez to discuss the upcoming release as well as some questions that many players have been asking in the game.
1. With over 2 million subscribers, would you say Neverwinter is a success?
Yeah. Absolutely I would.
2. A lot of fans are looking forward to new classes. When can we expect to see a Ranger or Druid class?
Within the next few months you can expect to see the floodgates open with information about our next planned class. We have been developing it for a while and it is shaping up to be really awesome.
I know everyone is very anxious to get their hands on the next class and we are working hard to make that happen. Our classes are incredibly important to us and we want to make sure that when they come out they are AWESOME. So, we are taking the time we feel we need to in order to really make them feel unique, powerful, true to their D&D roots and most importantly FUN.
Hopefully you folks will agree once you finally get your hands on them that the time was worth it.
3. When new classes come out do they plan on allowing free respecs?
No definitive plans on that yet, but it’s something we’re discussing.
4. A lot of players are concerned with the Sort button issue, any plans on fixing this?
Yup, we definitely plan on fixing that.
In fact, this issue is already fixed in our test environment and might already be LIVE by the time this interview goes out.
5. How often are we to expect new content?
Our goal is to get significant content and systems updates to ya’ll every few months.
If you look at our game since OBT which was only a few short months ago we put out Gauntlgrym, a brand new gameplay mode, and we already have another major release coming this month with Fury of the Feywild.
Fury of the Feywild isn’t even out yet and we are already getting plans rolling for our next module so you should expect more of the same dedication to new features from us.
6. Tell us about the new Fury of the Feywild?
Fury of the Feywild is our first module, or major update, to the game. It has a ton of new content, rewards, companions, mounts, systems and more.
We actually a whole page set up so you can learn all that you need to about the upcoming module.
Or you can hit up our test servers which has an early version of all of this available to start sinking your teeth into.
–Fury of the Feywild will include:
- -The new zone, Sharandar
- -The ability to spend Astral Diamonds on upgrading your companion.
- -A new meta-quest system that will see you pair up with elves.
- -New Drag and Drop 3D editor for the Foundry system.
- -2 new professions, Weaponsmithing and Artificing, which will utilize end-game drops to create new powerful weapons.
- -2 new races, the Moon Elf and Sun Elf
- –New Feywild gear
- –New Enemies including Giants and evil gnomes.
7. Are the expansions going to continue to be F2P?
8. Is there any plans to make the Enchanted Keys earnable in the game itself?
Well they already are, along with everything else in the Zen Market; although maybe a little bit more indirectly.
With the AD exchange in game all players are able to acquire keys by earning AD in game, trading that AD for Zen with other players and then buying keys without having spent any of their own cash.
9. Any plans on modifying the chat to minimize spamming?
We have a few first steps to combat chat spam on our test server right now actually. Designated channels for trade and group finding which should help a bit. Hop on preview and let us know how these changes are working out for you.
We’ll also continue to modify moving forward so keep that feedback coming in.
10. How do you respond when someone says the Zen market is extremely expensive?
We are always looking at player feedback for not only gameplay issues but also things like prices on items. So please keep it coming in, as long as it is done constructively we’ll keep listening.
Certainly there were place where we agreed with the player sentiment regarding prices and we did a large scale price reduction on a few categories of items.
We’ll continue to listen to feedback, whether it’s by forums, interviews or buying behaviors, and continue to tweak and modify from there.
11. How long are the plans to keep Neverwinter going?
Indefinitely! We’ll keep working on the game as long as we have people playing and enjoying it.
In the end, you can see we can look forward to a high quality MMORPG from Nevewinter with a production team continually trying to improve the game. I invite all of you to head over to their website and check out the upcoming expansion, Fury of the Feywild as well as participate in the beta. In the meantime, look for GotGame.com to continue to keep you updated on the happenings in Neverwinter as well as an upcoming review of the Fury of the Feywild expansion.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @gotgame and @deafcombatwrtr for exclusive posts and information.
Fury of the Feywild information: http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild
Dungeons and Dragons: Neverwinter test servers: https://my.perfectworld.com/nw?going_to=http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview