It’s taken a while, but the 360 lost the top console spot on the May NPD numbers.
The Nintendo 3DS beat out the 360. The handheld saw a 60 percent software sales growth since last year, including placing three titles in the top 10: Donkey Kong Country Returns at No. 3, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon at No. 5 and Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes at No. 10.
Overall, Injustice: Gods Among Us kept the top spot, with Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 back in second. Metro: Last Light debuted at No. 6, and Defiance completely dropped off the last from last month.
Accessories also saw a 6 percent drop from last year to $115.3 million, with most of that coming from Skylanders sales.
You can see the full list below.
1. Injustice: Gods Among Us (360, PS3, Wii U)
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
3. Donkey Kong Country Returns (3DS, Wii)
4. Dead Island: Riptide (360, PS3, PC)
5. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
6. Metro: Last Light (360, PS3, PC)
7. NBA 2k13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
8. Bioshock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)
9. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)
10. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (360, PS3, PC, DS, 3DS, PS Vita, Wii U)