Sony today announced that Gran Turismo 6 is officially on the way for the PlayStation 3 this holiday season.
Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi made the announcement today during an event in Japan that was held to commemorate the 15th anniversary.
“It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo,” explained Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit. “Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We’re pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform. However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments. I am very pleased with everything about the new game and the new additions, but the launch will be only the beginning for GT6. The game will continue to develop throughout its life. I already have many ideas for things I want to achieve in the next 15 years of Gran Turismo!”
According to Yamauchi, all the vehicles found in Gran Turismo 5, will also carry over to GT6, but with new additions that will bring the total car list to a whopping 1,200 vehicles at launch. Some of the new vehicles include: Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale ’11,Alpine A110 1600S ’68, Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car ’86, Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71, KTM X-BOW R ’12, Light Car Company Rocket ’07, Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11, Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport and the Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12, Seven new locations will be added, including the UK’s famous Silverstone Circuit, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layout possibilities.
New Game Engine
- Compact, nimble operation
- Flexible expandability
- A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
New Physics Engine
- New suspension and kinematics model
- New tyre model
- New aerodynamics model
- Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive
1,200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
- From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
- Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
- Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
- Cars will be continually added online
33 locations, 71 layouts
- 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day 1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
- More new tracks will continue to be provided online
New Course Maker
- Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
- A new course generation algorithm
- Players can form their own communities
- Various community levels from local and domestic to global
- Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
New User Interface
- Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
- Quick response
- Shortening of loading times
Multi Device Compatibility
- Smart Phone