4J Studios, developer of Minecraft for the Xbox 360, revealed last night via Twitter, that Title Update 9 is scheduled to release on April 5.
“TU9 has passed Cert testing! The Microsoft LIVE team has scheduled the TU9 roll out for Friday 5th April. The End is nigh :)” – @4JStudios
Here is the full Change Log for TU9:
Changes and Additions
– Added ‘The End’, with new layout, and new Enderdragon behaviour.
– Added Climbable Vines.
– Added Fire Charge, Wooden Button, Item Frames, Spawn Eggs, Sandstone Stairs, Spruce Stairs, Birch Stairs, Nether Bricks, Spruce Planks, Birch Planks, Nether Brick Slab, Spruce Slab and Birch Slab.
– Added new music for The End and The Nether from C418
– Made buckets and signs stackable.
– Sheep now re-grow their wool after shearing.
– New gravel texture.
– Can now smelt Netherrack into a Nether Brick in a Furnace.
– Blacksmith buildings in Villages now hold chests with loot of the same type as found in Strongholds.
– Crafting recipe change – Sign recipe gives three Signs.
– Crafting recipe change – Half Slab recipes give six Half Slabs.
– Crafting recipe change – Stone Button now requires one block of stone instead of two.
– Added smoother color transitions between biomes.
– Added beaches to terrain generation.
– Fence Gates can now be opened and closed with Redstone.
– Changed Nether Fortress to make Nether Wart rooms more likely.
– Made Nether Wart spawn randomly wherever Soul Sand is generated in the Nether.
– Nether Wart will now grow in the Overworld.
– Made Dispenser dispense mobs from Spawn Eggs, rather than the egg itself.
– Dispenser will dispense lava/water from a Bucket of Lava/Water.
– Dispenser will shoot Fire Charges.
– Trapdoors can be placed on half slabs and stairs
– Allow players to block with a sword when the ‘Can Build And Mine’ option is unchecked by the host.
– Moved six of the twelve music disc quests in the Tutorial World
– Changed the Tutorial world to add climbable Vines, and some of the new items, and removed/reduced the items in the Brewing, Farming and Breeding chests.
– Don’t show the achievements warning when loading a creative map that has already been saved in creative mode.
– Reduced the volume of the Ghast sound effects.
– Increased the distance jukeboxes can be heard from.
– Improved lighting code performance.
– Improved the loading/saving time.
– Changed the display order in the Minecraft Store to show newest DLC first.
– Added How To Play for The End and Farming Animals
– Added HUD size options for both splitscreen and full screen modes.
– Added Reset Nether option to force regeneration of The Nether. This is helpful for older saves that didn’t have a Nether Fortress.
– Added a toggle for Death Messages.
– Added a toggle to hide or display the animated character in the User Interface.
– Allow individual splitscreen users to have their own settings for HUD.
– Fix for a Nether portal crash due to Ghast fireballs
– Fix for Cave Spider size.
– Fixed Experience Orb pickup sound not having pitch variance.
– Fixed a crash when attaching Glowstone to Pistons.
– Fixed a render update problem on the end of world chunks
– Fixed a crash with players throwing Enderpearls and leaving the game.
– Stop the player animation for eating happening in the Change Skin menu