DmC: Devil May Cry couldn’t come close to upsetting Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 as the top game in January.
BlOps 2 stayed No. 1 in the NPD numbers for the month, with Far Cry 3 coming in second. The only January release to make the list was DmC, which debuted at No. 6.
Overall, the industry earned a total of $834.7 million in the month, giving it a 9 percent increase from last year, the first increase in 12 months. However, keep in mind that this January had five weeks to keep track of, not four. The extra week helped January get the increase, so be on the lookout for a decrease next month.
The 360 stayed on top as the best-selling hardware, marking the 25th consecutive month of being at the top.
You can see the full top 10 list below.
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
2. Far Cry 3 (360, PS3, PC)
3. Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, PS3, Wii U)
4. NBA 2k13 (360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
5. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U)
6. DmC: Devil May Cry (PS3, 360)
7. Halo 4 (360)
8. Assassin’s Creed 3 (360, PS3, Wii U, PC)
9. Skylander Giants (Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U)
10. FIFA Soccer 13 (PS3, 360, PSV, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, PSP)