The Official Prima Game Guide for psallstars has been revealed on the Amazon website.
Here is a description of some things in the guide:
• Cover Playstation 3 and Vita platforms!
• Unlock all characters and every stage!
• Detailed character profiles reveal every ability, super move, matchups, and tactic!
• In-depth strategy for both local and online multiplayer modes!
• Learn to leverage advanced environment tactics providing an essential edge in each level!
It seems that this means there may be character and stage unlocks after all. So aside from DLC, this probably means there will be things on-disc that will be unlockable, even characters and stages.
This may also mean that there will be more advanced multiplayer modes than what we´ve ever seen in Super Smash Bros. A hint by developer Paul Gale hints at a possible Capture the Flag mode. I mean, why would you need a game guide to strategize regular fights? Most of the time they are a total crapshoot anyway.
The question is, what exactly will these characters, stages, and multiplayer modes be? I guess we have to wait for more information to find out.