The critically acclaimed Oddworld title, Stranger’s Wrath, received a massive ‘high definition’ overhaul on the PC today. The re-released game is available for download on STEAM for PC as well as other content platforms, costing $9.99/€8.99/£7.99. Introducing this new remastered version of the game to Valve’s Steam platform is a special sale offer of 30% discount, running until midnight Monday the 17th of September. Current owners of Stranger’s Wrath for PC receive an update to the HD version for free.
Tons of updates for the PC version include the following:
- Added 12 brand new Steam achievements.
- Concept art and movie extras for completing each region of the game.
- Support for new languages added.
- Improved controls especially for PC.
- All 84 character models have been updated with increased polygon counts and higher resolution textures.
- Added difficulty levels to the game.
- All environments have been given higher resolution textures.
- Added Easter eggs to the game.
- French and German audio has been added.
- Full text translations for French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Stranger’s Wrath follows the story of Stranger, a fearsome bounty hunter that captures outlaws to raise “moolah” for a mysterious surgical procedure. After encountering the backwater town of the Grubbs, Stranger discovers that there are a few too many secrets about the past and his future as a bounty hunter.
Just Add Water and Lorne Lanning worked hard to make the most of what the PC platform has to offer:
“We are proud to give PC fans the game they deserve. Better, faster and bigger Oddworld in HD!” said Stewart Gilray, CEO of Just Add Water (Developments) Ltd (JAW).
If you want to know why Stranger’s Wrath HD is so good and why you should get it, let us remind you through our review of the PlayStation 3 version from the end of last year. Here, read this! Plus, don’t forget to stay tuned ’cause more Odd news is on the way…