Darksiders 2 Tops August NPD Numbers
Software sales are starting to stabilize when compared to last year according to the NPD.
August software sales ended at $237.7 million, down nine percent from last year. Meanwhile, hardware sales are down 39 percent from August 2011, ending at $150.6 million. The 360 sold 190,000 units, making it the top platform. However, the PS3 and 3DS both increased sales from July 2011.
Accessories were also down only seven percent, ending at $127.3 million.
Leading the top 10 list was Darksiders 2, with New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance taking second and third. You can see the full list below.
1. Darksiders 2 (360, PS3, PC)
2. New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
3. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
4. NCAA Football 13 (360, PS3)
5. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC)
6. Sleeping Dogs (360, PS3)
7. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (360, PS3)
8. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC)
10. The Amazing Spider-Man (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, Wii)