Game sales continued to decline in July.
NPD numbers put overall sales in July at $548.4 million, down from $686.3 million the year before.
Only the 3DS saw an increase from last year, according to NPD analyst Anita Frazier. Overall hardware sales were down 32 percent from last year. Microsoft said that the Xbox continued to be the top selling console for the 14th month in a row, moving 203,000 systems.
Accessories, though, grew 8 percent from 2011, mainly due to virtual currency cards and Skylanders figures.
Software sales declined 23 percent, with NCAA Football 13 leading the way, followed by Lego Batman 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man. You can see the full top 10 list below.
1. NCAA Football 13 (360, PS3)
2. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC)
3. The Amazing Spider-Man (360, PS3, 3DS, NDS, Wii)
4. Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360, PS3)
5. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, DS, Wii, PC)
7. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations (360, PS3, PC)
8. NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC)
9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC)
10. Dead Island (360, PS3, PC)