Lego Batman 2 Tops June NPD Chart
Sometimes, it pays to be on as many consoles as possible.
This may be what helped Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes top the charts on the June NPD numbers. The game sold 450,000 units, topping Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and Diablo 3.
Overall sales for June ended at $699.8 million, down 29 percent from last year. Hardware sales dropped 45 percent from last year, but were up from the month of May.
Surprisingly, accessories are up from last year slightly, mainly due to purchases of point cards for digital transactions. The group was up 4 percent from 2011, pulling in $169.8 million.
You can see the Top 10 list of games below.
1. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (360, Wii, PS3, NDS, 3DS, PSV, PC)
2. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (360, PS3, PC)
3. Diablo 3 (PC)
4. Max Payne 3 (360, PS3, PC)
5. NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC)
6. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)
7. Pokemon Conquest (NDS)
8. Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC)
9. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)
10. The Amazing Spider-Man (360, PS3, 3DS, NDS, Wii)