Harmonix unveiled 11 additional tracks and more exciting Power-up details for Rock Band Blitz, the game that brings the excitement of a full band experience into your hand. The game is designed for use with a standard controller to reach a broader audience; Rock Band Blitz is fast paced beat-match gameplay evolved and requires no instrument peripherals.
Rock Band Blitz is fully compatible with hundreds of songs already available in the Rock Band Music Store, as well as tracks exported from Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and more! Additionally, Rock Band Blitz will ship with 25 new songs from music’s biggest artists. Anyone that buys RB Blitz can also port the 25 songs into Rock Band 3 for no additional charge.
Here are the new songs:
The All-American Rejects – “Kids in the Street”
Barenaked Ladies – “One Week”
Collective Soul – “Shine”
Elton John – “I’m Still Standing”
Fall Out Boy – “A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More ‘Touch Me’”
Great White – “Once Bitten Twice Shy”
Iron Maiden – “The Wicker Man”
Living Colour – “Cult of Personality”
P!nk – “Raise Your Glass”
Shinedown – “Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)”
Tears for Fears – “Shout”
These newly announced songs join four other previously revealed songs:
Blink 182- “Always”
Foster the People- “Pumped Up Kicks”
Quiet Riot- “Metal Health”
Rick Springfield- “Jessie´s Girl”
Here is information on the newly revealed Power-ups:
The key to making scores soar are Rock Band Blitz’s over-the-top Power-ups, which players equip before launching into their favorite tracks. Topping the leaderboards is all about strategically selecting Power-up loadouts that best suit personal player styles and deploying these score boosters at the perfect time in each song.
There are over 15 Power-ups for players to unlock across three different categories, including the following that have just been revealed today:
Overdrive Power-ups: Play glowing notes to earn Energy, then deploy insane Overdrive Power-ups, including…
• Shockwave: Sends a sonic wave that earns you bonus points for every note it touches! The more Energy you’ve stored, the larger the Shockwave!
• Point Doubler: Earns two times the points for every note played!
• Jackpot: Launch Jackpot to start a run that will earn you three times the points if you can play a section of notes perfectly. Be careful – miss a note and you lose it all!
Note Power-ups: Equip Note Power-ups to randomly scatter glowing purple notes throughout a song. Hit those notes for some wild, point-boosting effects, like…
• Flame note: Hit this note to start a fire. Follow the spreading blaze to earn bonus points!
• Runaway Note: Trigger this type of note to send a spark down the track. Chase that runaway note down and get the big points.
• Synchrony: For the rhythm junkie, Synchrony allows you to switch tracks on the downbeat for bonus points. Switching at the measure markers also plays notes on both tracks!
There are 10 more songs and many more power-ups left to be announced. So, make sure to stay tuned to GotGame.com to find out more.
Rock Band Blitz is a downloadable title scheduled for release on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PlayStation Network this summer.