Mobile developer Halfbrick has announced that it has partnered up with Mattel, Basic Fun, Nanco and Jazwares to bring licensed Fruit Ninja products to retail stores.
Fruit Ninja has garnered over 130 million downloads with iPhone/iPod and iPad versions becoming one of the best selling iOS games. The game has also spawned versions for Android and Xbox Live Arcade.
“Fruit Ninja continues to be one of the most popular apps in the world, with a nearly 2-year run on the Top 10 Paid App lists worldwide. Working with partners to createFruit Ninja products has always been part of our long-term plan, but we have been very selective, both in choosing our partners and in approving their products. The end result is a strong coordinated product line-up that will start hitting shelves this week and later this and next year,” said Shainiel Deo, Halfbrick’s CEO. “For the first time, we’re creating characters and personalities around the fruit that players slice through. I’m confident that the Fruit Ninja community will love these products.”
Upcoming merchandise incudes:
- Basic Fun: Handheld electronic devices and key chains
- Jazwares, Inc: Plush, figures and electronics
- Mattel: Card and Board Games
- Nanco-Nancy Sales Inc: Amusement plush and novelty toys
- Bioworld Merchandising: Headwear, Bags, & Accessories
- Hybrid: Apparel
- MjC: Sleepwear, loungewear and underwear
- Coveroo: Phone cases
- Calendar Holdings: 2013 Calendars
- Healthy Food Brands: Fruit snacks and gummies
- SmileMakers: Stickers
- Trends International: Posters
No details on how quickly these products will make their way to stores but you can bet 2012 will see plenty of Fruit Ninja goodness.