Stranger’s Wrath HD gameplay, price & release date revealed :)
If you like the world of Odd and are looking forward to Stranger’s Wrath HD, you’ll be definitely happy to hear that its release date has been finally announced. After months of development and hard work, the HD remake is just around the corner. Just Add Water and Oddworld Inhabitants have revealed that our favorite bounty hunter will be making a comeback on December 27th!
That’s not all though, because we know the price as well – $14.99
The title will be releasing worldwide on all stores, except for Far East/Russia/Ukraine and Portugal, and future support through various patches is almost certain 🙂
You may be under the assumption that Stranger’s Wrath HD is just another remake with no extra features, but trust me when I say it’s one of the best remakes you’ve ever seen. Take a look at these highlights of some of the cool features and see for yourself…
- All 84 character models have been updated with increased polygon counts and higher resolution textures.
- Wolvark Sloghandlers now release Slogs instead of Slegs.
- Professor Dimble now has glasses and an academic tome.
- New female voices have been recorded for two characters.
- Made Blisterz Booty unkillable.
- All game audio (voice, sound effects and music) have been upgraded to 16-bit 44KHz from 8-bit 11KHz or less!
- Support for 5.1, Dolby Digitial and DTS.
- Everything now runs at 720p, 60 FPS, and in widescreen.
- All menus have been updated with a new design based on original unused concepts.
- New posters now occupy the inventory menu when no bounty is accepted.
- All armour upgrades now actually increase Stranger’s health.
- Added difficulty levels to the game: Easy, Medium and Hard.
- 37 Trophies: 23 bronze, 8 silver, 5 gold, 1 platinum
- 37 pieces of unlockable concept art
- Five unlockable movies
This is a remake done right. Releasing Stranger’s Wrath HD is a crucial step for the Oddworld franchise in the long-term and I’m sure we’ll be hearing even more about it in the near future. Abe is sending his regards and is looking forward to meeting you again 😉 Until then, be patient and stay tuned to GotGame for more!