In this day and age, collector’s editions for highly-anticipated games can edge on the preposterous. For BioWare’s Mass Effect 3, that accusation is in the backseat. Yes, you’ll want this.
The $80 N7 Collector’s Edition comes with a lot to love. Here’s the list of goodies, straight from Gamestop.
- Premium metal case featuring male and female Commander Shepard
- 70-page hardbound art book
- Limited edition Mass Effect comic by Dark Horse Comics
- Fabric N7 patch.
- Exclusive 4×6 lithographic print of the SR-2 Alliance Normandy
In-game content includes:
- N7 Arsenal Pack – Bring the firepower with the N7 Sniper Rifle, Shotgun, SMG, and Pistol.
- Squad alternate appearance pack
- Robotic Dog for on board the Normandy
- Mass Effect 3 digital soundtrack.
Word has it that the squad alternate appearance pack includes a hoodie for Commander Shepard’s mopey days. With the weight of saving sentient life on one’s shoulders, sometimes you just need some Ben & Jerry’s, you know?
Anyway, all that real-world content seems awfully worth an extra Andrew Jackson (that’s the dead prez on the 20 dollar bill… don’t feel bad, I had to check).