Gears of War 3 DLC Coming November 1
Microsoft has just announced that the first patch of downloadable content for Gears of War 3 will arrive on November 1.
The Horde Command Pack, as it is called, will include three new multiplayer maps, three new playable characters, two new weapon skins, and additional achievements worth 250 Gamerscore. Additionally, the Horde Command Pack also includes new fortification upgrades for Horde Mode.
The DLC will be available for 800 Microsoft Points.
Below is additional details about the new maps and characters.
Three new maps:
· Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favourite to Horde.
· Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
· Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
New fortification upgrades:
· Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
· Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
· Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
· Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
· Onyx Guard
· Big Rig Dizzy
New weapon skins:
· Team Plasma
· Jungle Camo