Call of Duty XP News: Entertainment and Fun
An enormous 12 acre compound, famously known as the spot where Howard Hughes built the Spruce Goose in Playa Vista, CA is the location of the CoD XP inaugural edition. The activities include the following:
- A once-in-a-lifetime chance to paintball firefight across a life-size replica of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 2’s Scrapyard level.
- The opportunity to speed-run the infamous Modern Warfare® 2 The Pit training sequence, for real.
- A live action thrill ride across a sprawling, obstacle-ridden challenge course in the Jeep® Ops Experience.
- A Call of Duty®: Black Ops military-style zip-line plunge across the compound.
- One-on-one battles in the raised Juggernaut Sumo ring.
- Rations for sale at Modern Warfare 2’s iconic Burgertown and Nate’s Grab N Go food joints.
- A tour of the Call of Duty armory and museum, featuring concept art, weapons and gear, and memorabilia from the entire franchise.
There will also be celebrity guest appearances by basketball stars Kevin Garnett, Chris Bosh, Rusell Westbrook, and Kevin Loore, supermodel Marissa Miller, Stacy Keibler, and actor/comedian Nick Swardson. There will also be a live performances each day of the Call of Duty XP including shows by the Dropkick Murphys and Kanye West will be closing the event. (insert Kanye meme here)
Along with these celebrity appearances, Treyarch and Beachhead Studios will be hosting developer panels that attendees can obviously watch and hopefully enjoy. Included in these list of panels there will be a panel showcasing the actors from Call of Duty: Black Ops and the Modern Warfare series.