Star Wars: The Old Republic may be hotly anticipated, but the collector’s edition could up the ante. Despite the chance that the game will operate on a monthly subscription fee, compounding the cost of buying the game in the first place, the leaked images of the special edition make it seem worth the cost. At least, if you’re into Darth Malgus, this set is for you.
Polish online retailers empik.com posted the special edition pre-order earlier, but have since pulled it in a possibly hoax-confirming move. In the time the page was up, the following details were revealed for the game:
Limited Collector’s Edition Includes:
– Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
– Star Wars: The Old Republic game discs in collectable metal case
– The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural annotated by Satele Shan
– Old Republic galaxy map
– Custom Security Authentication Key
– Exclusive Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
– High-quality collector’s edition box
Includes 7 Additional Digital Items
– Flare Gun: Fire flares into the air
– Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance
HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer
HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures
STAP: Sleek and unique in-game vehicle
Exclusive Mouse Droid: Spunky droid to join your adventures
Exclusive Collector’s Edition store: Unique in-game vendor with a dynamic assortment of items
The HoloDancer alone makes it worth the cost! And the promise of my own spunky droid seems to sweeten the deal, at least as an Artoo fan it would for me.
No official confirmation has come from either EA or BioWare, but ComicCon is the place for news so they might provide the needed corroboration for this game. Until then, get an eyeful of the special edition below.