SQUARE ENIX DELIVERS BUBBLE-BURSTING FUN WITH BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE FOR THE NINTENDO 3DS™
- Highly Addictive Puzzle Game Now Available for New Handheld System
LOS ANGELES (March 28, 2011) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas, announced today that Bust-A-Move® UNIVERSE is now available at retailers. Originally released in Japan in 1994 as a TAITO® arcade game, the popular puzzle series returns in a whole new 3-D universe of puzzles to solve. Available at launch for the Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system, Bust-A-Move UNIVERSE offers fans vibrant 3-D effects and enhanced features for hours of non-stop bubble-popping fun.
“We are thrilled that Bust-A-Move UNIVERSE will be a part of the launch line up for its new handheld system,” said Mona Hamilton, vice president of marketing for Square Enix. “The game’s attractive price-point, pick-up-and-play ability and simplistic yet challenging gameplay will appeal to hardcore gamers and casual players alike.”
- ENDLESS BUBBLE-POPPING FUN: Clear round after round in Puzzle Mode with its explosive boss battles, or take on 100-second, 300-second or Nonstop Bubbles in Challenge Mode
- SIMPLE GAMEPLAY MECHANICS: Shoot, connect and burst bubbles of the same color
- FULL 3-D EFFECTS: Engaging gameplay in a vibrant, 3-D universe
- FAMILIAR CAST: Iconic characters Bub and Bob are instantly recognized by gamers as the heroes of BUST-A-MOVE and BUBBLE BOBBLE®
Bust-A-Move UNIVERSe is now available at North American retailers for the suggested price of $29.99. Bust-A-Move UNIVERSe is rated “E” (Everyone). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
For more information about Bust-A-Move UNIVERSE, please visit the official website at:
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix Group. The Square Enix Group operates a global network of leading development studios and boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property, including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 97 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 57 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 35 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.